jeudi 20 novembre 2008

Departure


By the time you read this, I will have departed for the airport.

My tentative itinerary is:

Nov 20 - JFK (JFK) to Dakar (DKR) Depart: 05:20pm-Arrive: 06:10am
Nov 21 – Sept-place taxi to Saint-Louis in Sénégal.
Nov 22 – Day in Saint-Louis
Nov 23 – Day trip to «Reserve Speciale de Faune de Gueumbeul»
Nov 24 – Taxi to Dakar. Transfer to taxi to Banjul in The Gambia
Nov 25 – Day trip to Juffureh
Nov 26 – Taxi from Banjul to Dakar
Nov 27 – Day trip to Touba (if I have time - this is a 4 hour trip each way from Dakar)
Nov 28 – Day trip to Ïle de Gorée
Nov 29 – Explore Dakar
Nov 30 - Dakar (DKR) to (JFK) Depart: 03:05am-Arrive: 07:05am



Now, this being my first trip and this being west Africa, I may not follow my initerary. If I find a place I want to spend extra time at, I may drop a leg or two of the trip.

I know that the hotel I am staying at in Saint-Louis has Wifi access. I am bringing my mini-laptop to store photos on. If the connection is decent and I have time, I will post a few photos and share some experiences, otherwise I will find a cybercafé.

And for your listening pleasure, here are the national anthems of the 3 countries I am planning on visiting.

The National Anthem of Sénégal:



The National Anthem of The Gambia:



The National Anthem of Mauritania:



I think I like The Gambia's tune the best, though the Mauritanian anthem has an interesting Arab feel to it. Too bad the Gamibia is ruled by a crackpot dictator who will probably be Africa's next Idi Amin. National Anthems are rather staid pieces of music; I hope to post some good local music once I get there.

Aucun commentaire: